Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Freelancing on ODesk too!

Greetings fair readers! I have been trying all these Freelance sites, and I'm really liking ODesk. They really favor hourly jobs, and have a great tracking system to allow reports on your work, and to show exactly what you did. I'm really looking forward to landing my first gig on there. I have applied for a bunch of jobs/ hopefully one (two, three) will stick!
I'm not sure if I will be able to use it in conjunction with ODesk or Elance, but I signed up for Huddle; a British site that provides free collaboration tools and space. At the very least, it will be useful for my co-designer Dave Larson (on larger projects) and I to communicate and collaborate on jobs.
To be really thorough, I have also been applying for some jobs through Craigslist, which would be exactly the kinds of jobs would be perfect for a site/tool like Huddle. The downside of Craigslist is you're never sure if you'll actually get paid. Much less of a risk on Elance or ODesk, and the main reason the're (presumably) thriving (note to self: search for Elance and ODesk profitability)

Sometimes blogging feels like yelling into a vast bottomless pit. I know you're out there! Feel free to leave some comments on my blog! :)