Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 My shot at resolution

I have mixed feelings about New Year's Resolutions lists... but here goes anyway, short list:

1. do art, of some kind, every day.
2. market my Zazzle store.
3. step up my efforts with Squishy Things apps (see Android app Bubbles).
4. step up my participation with CatSauce.com.
5. teach my kids to ride their bikes without training wheels.




6. pull off a 2nd honeymoon with my wife Shana to celebrate our tenth year of marriage. 10!
7. communicate more with my siblings and parents.

Have a great year, everyone!

-------------------March 2010 Update-------------
Well, it has been three months since I wrote down my resolutions and I thought I should revisit this list.

My first item in my resolution list (Do art, of some kind, every day) had pure intentions, but has proved impossible to achieve. I have done a lot of artwork; for my Zazzle store, for various work projects, and for my side projects and websites, but I suspect that I have slipped and missed a day or two in there somewhere. On the one hand, this is not easily quantifiable, and on the other hand, I am not very motivated to make much effort to prove myself wrong.

Number 2 on the list: Market my Zazzle store. I have not done paid marketing of the store, but I did connect my store new releases to automatically post to my Facebook and Twitter pages, so that is an improvement this year. So I will claim partial success on this list item.

Number 3. Step up my work with Squishy Things. I am pleased to report that the small team that makes up Squishy Things has really stepped up our efforts and are close to releasing our next product. Expect to hear more in the near future.

Number 4. Participation with The Cat Sauce.com. I did do some more work for the Cat Sauce site in Jan and Feb, but I have had to focus on other things lately, and the direction of it has meandered a bit. On the plus side, it does use my graphic and the site will have some nifty Flash effects.

Number 5. Kids riding bike sans training wheels. Yeh, once the rains stop, or slow down, we'll work on this one.
[Training Wheels Photo courtesy of Outtram ]

Number 6. second honeymoon. Still to do. This will likely happen in the second half of the year. 10!

Number 7. Communicate more with siblings. This one is a solid success. We haven't talked this much in years. I wish it was all due to me writing a sentence on the wall, but in actuality, it has everything to do with my mom's cancer, operation, and lengthy recovery. For whatever reason, I'm always glad to chat and/or hang with my siblings and parents. In January I was even able to take my wife and kids to the house I grew up in, back east, for a long weekend visit.

So, all-in-all, not perfect, but, compared with other years, it's off to a much better start than many New Year's resolutions.
How are you (the reader) doing with your resolution(s)?

Denis