Monday, February 3, 2014

I Want a Groundhog Day Refund -or- Six More Weeks of Frackin Winter

I Want a Groundhog Day Refund -or- Six More Weeks of Flipin' Winter 

By Denis Sweeney
Feb 3, 2014


Well, the weather rodent has doomed us to six more weeks of winter. This winter has seen more than usual viruses running wild. Yeah, I did the flu shot early on too, but I caught it like everyone else. I've been home sick and had time to actually get bored, and analyze things. -To think too much about what is going on in my life and try to figure out what I should be doing, and look back at what I have done.

How do you know when a midlife crisis is over anyway?
I thought there would be more velour and sports cars and women included with this thing. Come to think of it, I may have been in the wrong section of the bookstore.

Looking at your life can be a good thing. -Necessary even. And I am excited to shuffle things around a bit to spend more time doing things I like. For me, that means dedicating time to making things in the art studio. Drawing, painting, collage, and building some stuff too.
Today, I visited a studio to see about getting some space. I'm still working out the details but it felt good to get the ball rolling.

While I'm glad for the state (California) getting more winter rains, I am looking forward to warmer weather and longer days. If you know how to tell when a midlife crisis is over, I'm all ears! What came out of yours and what changes did you make? Let me know in the comments.

Here's mud in your eye, Winter!

No comments: